Just months after the big football festival kicks off in the Eurasian country, the national team starts to close its way in the qualifiers of the different continents.
The 2018 World Cup is getting closer and closer. The great international soccer event will begin next year, from June 14 to July 15 , and there are already countries that secured a place in the draw that will be held at the Kremlin State Palace in Moscow on December 1 .
He knows next the selections that are classified for the World-wide one and how they acceded.
EUROPA (UEFA) – 13 PLACES
- Russia : Acceded as the host country and will lead the Group A World Cup.
- Belgium : managed to qualify after leading Group H, while Bosnia-Herzegovina and Greece will decide who will play the repechage of the continent.
- England : Leading the way Group F already tied the top spot, leaving Scotland, Slovakia and Slovenia fighting for the play-off.
- Germany : The World Champion will defend his crown after securing the lead of Group C, leaving Northern Ireland in the repechage.
- Spain : Secured the top spot of Group G and sent Italy to fight in the playoffs.
- Poland : He finished Group E leader and will return to a global meeting after 3 World Cups away.
- Iceland : The “Viking” box continues its football progression and was leader of Group I, thus acceding to its first World Cup
- Serbia : The Balkan team finished at the top of Group D and took tickets to Russia.
- Portugal : The Portuguese side finished Group B.
- France : The Gauls finished at the top of the standings in Group A.
SOUTH AMERICA (CONMEBOL) – 4,5 SEATS
- Brazil : Tite’s “Scratch” secured the lead with 41 points.
- Uruguay : The combined charrúa finished second, with 31 units.
- Argentina : Led by Lionel Messi, the “Albiceleste” finished third with 28 points.
- Colombia : The coffee growers added 27 units in the fourth locker and took direct tickets to the World Cup.
- Peru * : Finished third in the South American Qualifiers with 26 points, acceding to the playoffs against New Zealand.
NORTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN (CONCACAF) – 3.5 PLACES
- Mexico : Finished in the first place of the final group of the Concacaf with 21 points, ensuring the direct pass to the global event.
- Costa Rica : The “Tico” box was second (16 positive), taking passage to Russia.
- Panama : The cast “Canalero” will play its first World Cup after finishing third with 13 units.
- Honduras * : The “Catracho” set finished fourth with 13 points and will play the repechage against Australia.
ASIA (AFC) – 4.5 PLACES
- Iran : He finished Group A leader of the third phase, with 22 points.
- South Korea : Finished second of Group A of the third phase, with 15 units.
- Japan : He was pointer of Group B of the third phase, with 20 points.
- Saudi Arabia : Concluded second of Group B of the third phase, with 19 units.
- Australia * : It defeated Syria in the continental repechage and will play the playoff against the fourth of the Concacaf.
AFRICA (CAF) – 5 POINTS
- Nigeria : They secured the top spot in Group B in the final phase, ahead of Zambia.
- Egypt : Signed the Group E leadership over Uganda and took tickets to the World Cup.
OCEANIA (OFC) – 0.5 SEATS
- New Zealand * : After finishing Group A in the third round, the All Whites beat Solomon Islands (winning 6-1 at Auckland and drawing 2-2 at Honiara), securing the playoff the fifth classified of the South American qualifiers.
101total visits,1visits today